Cast-like stability and superior offloading
VACOcast Diabetic Boots are engineered specifically for diabetics who need the best removable alternative to a Total Contact Cast. The Vacuum Relief insert quickly molds to the foot, with maximum surface contact and no pressure points. Better than a Total Contact Cast because VACOcast Diabetic Fit can be removed and re-applied in less than 3-minutes with no cleanup.
Why VACOcast Diabetic?
All VACOcast Diabetic boots have 40g more micro beads to provide a comprehensive fit after excision or partial amputation. More beads means far less shifting of pressure points, to reduce shear forces; the air gets sucked out of the Vacuum Relief Insert, so the beads will stay in place to stabilize the entire foot. Learn more about how vacuum works here.
The modern cast alternative
Traditional serial casting can often be archaic and costly. VACOcast’s patented Vacuum Relief with micro beads, in conjunction with a rigid lattice frame, provides strength and stability that’s as durable as a conventional cast—yet can be removed and re-applied in less than 30-seconds. An optional Safety Seal restricts patients from opening the VACOcast to ensure compliance.
Unmatched versatility with 3-in-1 usability
Secure the limb within seconds
Forms a "Perfect Fit" sturdy cast with no waste
Stability & style allow patients to walk in comfort
Each boot includes
- One diabetic vacuum relief insert
- One vacuum pump
- One removable velour liner
- One detachable rocker sole
- One diabetic foam insole (excisable for wound care)
- Additional Black Velour Liners can be purchased, to make sure a patient always has a fresh liner available, to maximize hygiene.
- Liner Extensions are available for those who require more room.
- Weather Covers help protect your boot (and foot!) from the elements.
Order now $239
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Ankle fractures
- Arthrodeses of upper ankle joint
- Arthrodeses of lower ankle joint
- Calcaneus fractures
- Complex ligament injuries
- Metatarsal fractures
- Severe sprains
- Soft tissue injuries with impaired healing
- Splinting of foot & lower leg
Ask your doctor for VACOcast
Patients always have the right to ask for the best product available for any injury or medical indication. VACOcast is covered by Medicare and most health insurance programs.
|Shoe Size||M 5-8 | W 6.5-9.5||M 8-11 | W 9.5-13||M 11+ | W 13+|
|Length Positions (Min/Mid/Max)||9.3" / 9.7" / 10.1"||10.4" / 10.8" / 11.2"||11.3" / 11.7" / 12.2"|